Sunday 25 August 2013

Uncertainty Prevails in Trader Positioning: COT Data

And I thought last week's slew of bearish signals was a lot to chew on. The latest Commitments of Traders data makes last week look like small potatoes.

Traders are flying all over the place with contradictory positioning in various markets, seemingly unsure what to do. There's just a lot of uncertainty out there.

Last week's overwhelmingly bearish posturing has evolved into something more like just-get-me-off-the-bus.

It adds up to a bunch of cash signals (my latest signals table has all the details) for the markets I'm trading using the free weekly Commitments of Traders data.

My signal for the S&P 500 goes from bullish to bearish this coming week. And my Nikkei signal remains bearish.

But these markets move to cash: Nasdaq-100, BKX U.S. Bank Index, crude oil and the 30-year Treasury bond.

Even my bullish natural gas signal will go to cash in a week's time - i.e. on the open the week of Sept. 2.

Good luck in these trying times!

No comments: