Saturday 5 October 2013

Shutdown's Latest Victim: Commitments Data

Another victim of the U.S. government shutdown: your beloved COTs Timer trading system.

The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission on Friday failed to publish its weekly Commitments of Traders data on trader positioning. That means I don't have the data I need to update my signals for trading.

It means a few changes on my latest signals table. My signal for the Nasdaq-100 was bearish, but I will put it in cash due to the lack of data.

My signal for the S&P 500 is currently bullish, but the trade delay for that one is two weeks. So I will keep that one bullish for another two weeks because any new signal from data on Friday would have taken effect only in two weeks.

Meanwhile, my natural gas signal was going to cash next week anyway due to prior changes in trader positioning.

Please tune back in here for updates on the shutdown as it may affect the Commitments of Traders data.

Good luck next week and in the coming weeks to all.

No comments: