Monday 7 May 2007

Blog Updates: New S&P 500 Setup and Tables

I've just updated my blog with some new data you'll see on the "Profit/Loss Results" page. (Click the link on the right.) After updating my tables for the S&P 500, I've decided to start using two setups for this market - my existing one based on fading the small traders and a second one based on trading with the commercial traders.

The small traders have historically given a more profitable signal, but the commercials setup had a smaller maximum drawdown, which means it's ultimately a little less risky for each dollar of potential profit than the small traders setup. For now, I'll trade each setup with half of their maximum portfolio allocation. The details are all on the "Profit/Loss Results" page.

Incidentally, the S&P 500 commercials setup gave a buy signal on March 23 and has given renewed buys every week since then - six so far.

Also see the "Profit/Loss Results" page for new tables of my trading signals and results for both S&P 500 setups, the USERX U.S. Gold Fund and the Dow Jones Industrial Average.

No comments: