Monday 11 August 2008

Filled! Long Natural Gas

I've just updated my portfolio page with this morning's trade - long natural gas with a leveraged Horizons BetaPro HNU position (trading in Toronto). The page also shows my latest gains and losses in my existing positions in U.S. financials, the NASDAQ 100 index, bonds and gold bullion. The natural gas trade comes from my signal on Friday based on my COTs Timer trading strategy. (Scroll down to see that post.) The strategy works by following how groups of traders are positioned in the futures and options markets, as reported in the free weekly Commitments of Traders reports issued by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission. See more on how all this works here and how I came up with the strategy here.

TAGS: natural gas, Horizons BetaPro, HNU, financials, NASDAQ 100, bonds, gold, bullion, commodities, open interest, futures, options, COT, Commitments of Traders, market timing, trading system development, CFTC, Commodity Futures Trading Commission, COTs Timer

No comments: