Sunday 5 May 2013

Natural Gas Gives Up Gains, Goes to Cash

Just one signal takes effect this coming week in my trading system based on the weekly Commitments of Traders reports: cash for my natural gas signal.

It's been bullish since March 25, but trader positioning has lately turned decisively bearish. The signal could even go bearish in two weeks' time, depending on how the positioning evolves.

The signal, which has proven highly profitable over the past couple of years, looked like it was going to be another winner until this past week, when natural gas suddenly collapsed in price. The signal is now about even.

It's a little disappointing, but it doesn't really bother me. The key in all trading, in my opinion, is a good long-term record of wins, not trying to win every time. See my FAQs page for more thoughts on how I handle signals that don't do well.

And see my latest signals table for more details on how traders are positioned in various markets I'm trading.

Good luck this week.

No comments: