Tuesday 30 April 2013

CFTC Data Bearish for Bond

A couple of signals worth noting based on the latest Commitments of Traders data from the CFTC:

- Bearish for the 30-year Treasury bond (meaning bullish for the yield), taking effect on this week's open. That's because of excessively bullish positioning in bond futures and options by the commercial hedgers and small traders - both of whom I fade.

- Cash for natural gas next week. My signal has been bullish since March 25 and will remain so this week. It goes to cash on next week's open of trading.

See my latest signals table for more details on the latest trader positioning in the 10 markets I'm trading using the free weekly COT reports of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

Sorry again for the delayed post this week. I was travelling over the weekend from Costa Rica, but I'm back home now just in time for some beautiful Canadian spring weather. Good luck this week.

No comments: